Saturday, June 19, 2010

Covering the Strap to My Canon Rebel XSi

I have seen photos online of my blogging friends camera strap covers they have made and have wanted to do one for me for ages.  Finally, this morning I decided to give it a try, and here are the results.

First I took 4 April Cornell blue and pink floral honey bun pieces from Moda and sewed them together lengthwise using a 1/4 inch seam.

After ironing all the seams open going in the same direction I stitched a little hem on each side.  Trust me, this was NOT done by a was definitely "a sew as you go” project with me winging it as I went along.
 Once that was done I laid the strap on top of the fabric, folded it to the back, and pinned it. This was when I said a little prayer...” Please. Lord,  let my needle sew through all of this heavy stuff without breaking and making one big mess.” My prayer was answered. It worked out and here is the end product.  The strap is secure, doesn;t slide off the shoulder or rub my neck, and looks pretty darn good is you ask me for an hour’s work.  Oh, Happy Day!  My camera and I are so happy :-) !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment