Tuesday, May 3, 2016

5-3-16 ~ Flash Card Art


A while ago I saw some cards on You Tube that had been turned into mixed media artwork. Well, I didn't have any playing cards, but I did have some old flash cards left over from my teaching days so decided to use them...free. So far I have done 10, and here are some of them. They are really fun to make.

 Dream ~ Laugh ~ Believe

 Bluebirds, Sunshine, and Flowers

 Always Believe in You

 Follow Your Dreams
I Am Queen

 My Crazy Quilt

Walking in the Land of the Fowers
(If you look closely, I am walking down at the bottom in the midddle.)

 A Woman's Work Is Never Done ~ Just Persevere
AMEN!!!!!!

I used a little bit of everything but the kitchen sink on these:
torn and cut paper 
Tim Holtz stenciling
Ranger texture paste
watercolors
TIm Holtz distress inks
pen and ink
acrylics
gesso
Modge Podge

3 comments:

  1. Hi Genie, so happy to see you again! I've just spent a very happy time looking back through your posts I've missed.. Gosh I love your art, it's so fabulously colourful and always positive. I love it! I've used my napkins many times when I've had people over for dinner, they always wash up like new :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Genie,
    Now I have discovered a second blog until it's just great, what beautiful work.
    I'll see you again.
    Greetings Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! Have you ever been busy! I sure love these...could not pick a favorite if I had to.

    ReplyDelete