Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Variation of the “I Want One of Everything Bag"



Our school librarian who has been spearheading my “100 Dress Challenge” was looking at my “I Want One of Everything Bag” and came up with the neatest suggestion.  Should you ever need to make a quick, last minute gift, this is perfect.  It can be completed easily in a day or less. Her idea was to make the same bag, but this time to use only 3 fabrics: one for the outside, one for the lining, and another for the strap channel.  I took her up on it and did just that with a blue and white plaid front, a light due denim for the lining and a blue and white floral strap channel.  I wear blue jean fabric dresses to school all the time so thought it would look really cute. Since I was out of medium non-fussible interfacing,  I used what I had on hand which was a medium weight fusible one. The bag seemed really stiff when I completed it, but after giving it a wash in warm water it came out perfectly.  I can’t wait to use it tomorrow and see the look on my friend’s face.



No comments:

Post a Comment