Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hector Says Happy Rednesday!

     Hector has finally come home, and Buddy and I are overjoyed. This afternoon we sat out back on the lower deck and waited in total silence until he decided to come in for some din-din.  These photos were so neat I wanted to share them with all of you.  Welcome home Hector and the rest of your beautiful little family.


                       

                

“A flash of harmless lightning, A mist of rainbow dyes,The burnished sunbeams brightening, From flower to flower he flies.”
~John Bannister Tabb

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Ms. Genie...That is some RED and some really beautiful photography. I'm so impressed. How do you know that it's "Hector" though??? You have them wearing name tags?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy just traditionally names the first hummingbird that shows up each year, Hector...no reason...he just likes the name. All the others that show up he calls Hector, too! He also has Mildred his BIG black snake + a few of her relatives; Fredrick the frog (pronounced with a long E); 4 koi fish named Nemo, Frodo, Elmo, and Doc. They have a lovely home in what used to be our redwood hot tub! Inside the house he has Trouble, HIS cat, and Jack, my schnauzer.....we are all one big happy family! Poor Miss Bunny....my, how we miss her! The compositor REALLY misses her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that's too cute. You had me thinking he truly knew which bird was which from year to year...duh! I'm not a natural blonde..I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I fall for what my 5 year old granddaughter tells me, so don’t feel badly! That’s a hilarious post all of its own!!! Buddy is soooo funny...a real dry wit that will get me overtime...you are now a member of the “GOTCHA GROUP!” Genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great action photos of your hummingbird and feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS, Kathy....I got a new zoom lens for my Rebel so I will have to give it all of the credit....A lens can certainly do what I can’t do...our hummingbirds are something out of this world....Genie

    ReplyDelete