Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Pastel M.E. Monday

A week ago I went into a precious local gift shop called “Sunday’s Child” looking for some Mary Engelbreit notecards. When I went over to the shelves where Lucia always kept the M.E. things, the cupboard was almost bare.  The news was bad.  The store is not going to be carrying her gift items anymore because it is too small to compete with the larger shops and Michael’s. I was crushed.  Immediately I began searching the shelves looking for any little treasures that might be left.  I was a very bad girl and bought up a number of things I did not need but could not resist.  Here are two of them.


This is a darling little teapot I am enjoying each day. The argyle-like green, geometric pattern with the dots in the centers really appeal to me, and the flowers going around the rim are just too cute.  There is a tiny chip on the spout so Lucia let me have it for 1/2 price....that really put a great big smile on my face!

The second thing I got was this teapot box and have named it my “Teapot-Hatbox”.  The colors are so bright and cheery as are all of M.E.’s things, and it is large enough to really hold a bunch of stuff. If we still wore pillbox hats, I would certainly have room in it for one.



The words going around the box say...

“COME AND SHARE A POT OF TEA,
 MY HOUSE IS WARM,
 MY FRIENDSHIP IS FREE.”
~Emilie Barnes



2 comments:

  1. Oh...you bad girl! Shopping for M.E. One always deserves more M.E. The teapot is darling and I love the teapot box. The saying on it is just so perfect.
    I finally set up the ME Monday so come over and link so that all can see your wonderful gifts to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I dont blame you for buying them...they are both gorgeous. Khris

    ReplyDelete