Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Evening Walk in the Country Mosaic Monday

 

While reading some of the blogs I love to follow, I came upon “Mosaic Monday” at Little Red House. Stop by for a visit and you will find links to many wonderful collages and mosaics.  They are all so beautiful. I enjoyed them so much, I decided to start participating along with my most special M.E. Mondays over at Cherry Chick.

Each morning and evening I TRY to walk a mile either on the road in front of our house or around the track at my old school.  This night I did a bit of each because it wasn’t too hot, the colors in the sky were gorgeous, and I wanted to take some pictures along the way.  The moon was popping out its shining face as you can see in the first shot. The old home place and outbuilding are still standing, but it is a miracle. The way the old wood and paint have weathered always catches my eye.  Cattle sometimes graze in the fields and sometimes wander down the highway without a care in the world, but no one has lived in the house for as long as I can remember. The last picture is one of the views I enjoy as I walk around my old middle school track.

“Change like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk.”
~William Arthur Ward

7 comments:

  1. How pretty, lovely mosaic. I am hosting a CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ... it's a great mosaic. I just loved the old buildings ... what stories they could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post and browsing through other posts on your blog. I'm a fan of old buildings as well and think that the countryside around Lexington is beautiful. I, too, am the mother of three and grandmother of six and share similar passions. I would love for you to visit my two blogs - http://ginnysgarden.blogspot.com and http://theblessingbowl.com.
    BTW, I found you through your comment on Bush Bernies Garden Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful mosaic, the quote is so true. Take care and I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Genie, Thanks for stopping by. My new Brother sewing machine is model Nouvelle 1500S. I am waiting for the table insert, my quilting machines sit inside a large table, so I have not given it a good test run yet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an old photo of the house my grandmother was born in and it looks like that old house :-) Her home was in Missouri though. I loved your beautiful photos.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what beautiful photos! The combination of rising moon and abandoned buildings really strikes a mood... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete