Saturday, September 25, 2010

Trials and Tribulations with Black and White


I’ve not shot in black and white since “real” film disappeared from the shelves, but after looking at the photographs on “The Weekend in Black and White,” I decided to give it a try. Monochromatic pictures have always been my favorites, but with our filmless cameras I never thought I could do it. Geeze,  I am getting old.  It was so simple...all I had to do was go into the menu on my Canon Rebel and change the settings to Monochrome. Don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that one! I’m just a little bit slow on the draw. Having a creek on our property gives me ample opportunity to see if I can capture the light bouncing off of the water in this medium like I can do when I’m shooting in color.  The creek is low,  but still I was able to catch those magical light bubbles dancing on the surface. 

“There is no black - and - white situation.  It’s all part of life. Highs, lows, and middles.
~Van Morrison 

No comments:

Post a Comment