Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Want One of Everything Bag



Last summer my daughter introduced me to the Amy Butler line of fabrics which our local quilting shop, The Quiltery, just happens to carry. Her prints are so bright and vivid I am drawn back to them every visit I made to the little store. Last week, while looking through Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner, I became fascinated with her “I Want One of Everything Bag” pattern. Everything about the pattern shouted out, “You’ve got to make me out of some of that Amy Butler fabric.  So back to The Quiltery I went and bought a 1/4 yard of 12 of her gorgeous prints.  Working out the placement was a tad bit tedious, but the fan shaped front and back became a real eye opener when the pieces were laid out side by side.  Today I basted all of the little sections one to the other and then stitched them and pressed open the seams. My next step will be to create the lining, but that will have to wait for another day. Fun, Fun, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment