Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graduation Here We Come..A New Dress and Two New Bags!


   A week from today my first grandchild will graduate from prep school and be off to college to become a chemical engineer  My attendance at his graduation is one of the items on my “Bucket List,” and it looks like I am going to get my wish.  All this weekend I have been plugging away finishing a special sundress for my little five year old granddaughter following Amy’s Finlayson’s precious “Simple Sundress Pattern”  and a new variation on the Anna Maria Horner “I Want One of Everything Bag” for me to carry. On this dress I used four grosgrain ties rather than one long one that Amy uses in her pattern. The little squares with the letters E-L-O-I-S-E in them above the ruffle on the are from Shrinky Dink plastic. For my bag, I made another modification to Anna Maria’s original pattern by bringing it in about an inch on each side and extending the straps by about two inches. This way it is a bit less bulky to carry, and it hangs nicely from my shoulder. I used Walmart fabric rather than the Amy Butler fabrics, and I think the result looks just fine. For my granddaughter’s bag, I made a smaller pattern the same as mine and used the leftover fabric. I’m a very happy camper tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment