The prompt this week for Try It on Tuesdays is:
Spots, Dots, and Splashes
For this art journal page, I glued two pages together so the ink and watercolors wouldn't bleed through. Then I took one of my flower cutters and cut a form from heavy card stock. I went around with it dabbing Tim Holtz's Antique Distress Ink Stains and then sprayed them with water. After they bled, I sprayed on some of his Distress Spray Stains and used some of the his little distress pads to add more color. When I finished I could see the beginnings of leaves and flowers all over the page. Some of the bleeds I used as stems, and others I drew in myself. After the page really dried, I outlined with a Micon pen turning the spots, dots, and splashes into flowers. Because of my quilting background, I decided to put dashes around all the flowers, stems, and leaves to give the feeling they had been sewn onto fabric. This is my first time ever trying something so free form in nature.