Thursday, July 21, 2016

6-20-16 ~ Looking for Flowers to Sketch

I stopped by the old Rexrode homeplace yesterday looking for flowers to sketch.  It is across the road from us. Mr. Rexrode built a one level home quite a while back because of his age and health so this beautiful old home is still empty and waiting for a buyer. The barn can no longer be seen from the road for the bushes that have grown up around it.

I passed this vintage sign at the old Sensabaugh homeplace and farm.

Drive up to the Rexrode Homeplace
The fields in front are no longer cut for the hay.

I found some wee flowers I could try to sketch.

The fence on this side is beginning to break and fall into disrepair.

Some more possibilities for sketching at the cattle guard.

It was in my own yard that I found one to sketch.

This is our front yard right after the grass had been cut.

This post is linked with:


12 comments:

  1. Farm Fresh "what" for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a pretty yard, nice and shady! funny you found a flower right where you started! by the way, we are home...our trip was the end of june - early july!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Genie, it was so nice to see you here today I've missed you. Gosh the Rexrode property looks so wonderful in this setting surrounded by trees, even with the fence and front a little un-loved, it still looks like a wonderful property, let's hope someone comes along and snaps it up soon. Love that big shady tree in your front garden, how green and lush everything looks. I'm still hobbling around with a fractured knee.. such a pain :)Going back now to check out any posts of yours I might have missed. You take care and I'll catch you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fences, yes. But your own garden is a little Paradise. Super. That's a holdays garden.
    #GoodFences

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that beautiful lane and old broken-down fence with flowers. gorgeous. i hope someone can buy that lovely big home and love it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there friend. Wish I could sit on that porch and drink ice tea with you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place for someone not to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beautiful house with a long driveway is perfect for B&B.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots. I love country roads. Thanks for sharing. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely place, I hope someone buys it one day. You found some great fences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely garden- is that a Bee Balm blossom? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images. Love the bee balm!

    ReplyDelete