Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Come Join the “Rainbow around the Block” Quilt Square Project


Rainbow around the Block is a quilting project set up for giving quilts to families in Middle Tennessee who lost their homes and possessions to the flooding in May 2010. The project was organized and is moderated by Anna Maria Horner.  If you are a quilter, or if you just like to sew and think you would like to be a part of this wonderful undertaking, please visit the Rainbow around the Block site for all the information you will need. If you do not sew and want to contribute, there is also information there on how to do that. There is also a Flickr group online where you can view the squares that have been completed to date.  Anna has her gorgeous ones posted on her blog. They are all absolutely beautiful. 

Also, she has written the greatest book entitled Seams to Me which I have used over and over again to create the bags I have posted in earlier entries. In the back she includes all the patterns for the projects in the book. Her “I Want One of Everything Bag” is my gift of choice for my family members and close friends for gifts, and they absolutely adore them. I even adapted it for my little 5 year old granddaughter and her best friend. Her directions are easy to understand, and her bags are just FUN to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment