Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It’s a Thrifty Thursday Rocking Horse

Once again it is Thrifty Thursday.  Go over to Leigh’s blog at Tales from Bloggervitaville and check out the great bargains we are all finding.  It is pretty amazing what a penny pincher can find if she perseveres.




This week’s post is my trusty purchase of an old rocking horse I found at our local drive-in-first-of-the-month-flea market.  Since it was red, it popped right out to me and over to it I went.  I was tempted to use it for my Rednesday entry, but decided to save it for Thrifty Thursdays. Some old gentleman had all kinds of wooden odds and ins really cheap, but he had $10.00 on this little horse....MORE that my thrifty budget allows.  Well, I looked, thought about it, and then told him I would wander about and return if I had any moolah left in my bag.  About 30 or 40 minutes I reappeared at his stuff sitting on the ground and saw the horse was still there.  OK....decision time...and barter time.  I pulled out my billfold, opened up the change part, and there was a 5 dollar bill.  Holding it up, I asked him if it would do...I told him it was all I had.  He muddled it over, told me it was OK, and I went home a happy camper.  I just love it.  It is rough, but that just makes it all the better...and I enjoy looking at it on my dining room table on top of my red school house supposed-to-be wall hanging.  You can see I have been using it because our Walmart candles REALLY drip.  As always, a happy Thrifty Thursday to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Cute rocking horse and good for you for paying what you wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I like the idea of that rocking horse on my little quilt. Take care of it as it is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that many times, said "this is all I have" and usually it does the trick.
    Of course then I can not be seen handling more money until after the deal is done.
    If I see something else last second I ask to "borrow" the money from a friend. And do the same for her.

    ReplyDelete