Tuesday, June 29, 2010

HURRAH.....It’s Rednesday Again!

It is Rednesday again, but this time I am focusing on my granddaughter and her daddy, my  39 year old son, Gene.  They were here this weekend along with Patricia, mommy and wife, so I definitely have them on my mind.  When they come for a visit and then leave, I have a hard time getting used to them being gone.  As the years have passed I have gotten better, but I still get really “down” when they leave...as with my daughter and my other son. At Chrismas when I was visiting them in Richmond, Eloise was in the process of painting this picture.  Well, I fell in love with it, and requested they give it to me for my 71st birthday.  I just thought it was the cutest thing, and the red in it was the best.  I have a special wall just for her art work, so this picture has been framed and I look at it each day from my bed.

This wood carving is one that Eloise’s daddy, my “baby, Gene”, gave me years ago for a Mother’s Day present.  Like so many of my presents, it is one of my “SPECIAL" treasures.  It hangs by my bed and reminds me of my boy. Maybe I am silly, but at 39, I still call him "my baby".  Where he got the wood carving I do not know, but I love it as I love him.
This is a happy Rednesday, though I really do miss Gene, Eloise, and Patricia. We have had some nice showers so it is not so hot and humid. No mom could ever ask for a more loving and caring daughter-in-law than Patricia.  She is wonderful to me, my son, and to my granddaughter.  This is a somewhat lonesome Rednesday with them gone, but it will not be too long before they return to their little spot out in the country on the creek. The happy part is I have Buddy (my better half), Jack (the dog), and Trouble (the cat) here with me to put lots of smiles on my face. HAPPPY REDNESDAY TO ALL OF YOU!

“Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.”
~Louisa May Alcott - 1832-1888

6 comments:

  1. Sweet treasures from both your son and his daughter! I know how much a mom can love her son and hope to one day know the grandchild love, too. :) I have quite a number of framed paintings that my boys have painted over the years, best art work in the house!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  2. i AGREE! I am getting ready to go to Michaels and frame some of my 47 year old daughter’s childhood paintings....they will be a shocker to her the next time she comes home for a visit! Wonder if she will recognize them. Hugs....Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine what it would be like if my daughter lived far away from me! And when she eventually has children of her own, it would be even worse! I love the artwork and that cardinal that your son made. Both are definite treasures!
    Happy REDnesday and Happy 4th!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol...Thank you so much for your kind words. One child is in WA, one is in MD, and the other 2 hours away...the one with the granddaughter. Thank goodness God was so kind to let me have one not so far away. I miss the other two more that I could ever put into words. I reared them to think for themselves, to have minds of their own, and to study in college the things that meant the most to them. Unfortunately, their marriages and jobs have pulled them far from home, but in August we will all be together at the beach for a WONDERFUL 7 days.....I am in a countdown for that week as we speak. Hugs, Genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your family is visiting. My husband's family lives all over the country but we moved back to the small California town I grew up in and my parents grew up in and my grandparents grew up in. (We're from other states if you go back further than my grandparents.) I remember how wonderful it was to have both my sets of grandparents in town so it was important for us to have kids near one of our parents. We only ended up with one, but I'm still glad we made the move. Sometimes it has been longer than a year without seeing Worker Bee's family. Your Eloise is such a talented artist. I love how you have it displayed and she will too. You're such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painting is great - puts a smile on my face! Love the striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete