Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Pumpkins of Rockbridge County

           
WELCOME TO THE PUMPKINS OF ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY

Each morning on my way to work and then again on my way home, I pass the Swisher  farm.  All summer long they sell potatoes, tomatoes, corn, and all sorts of homegrown veggies, but come September they begin  putting out their humongous stash of pumpkins.

This is my exit off of I-81. Pretend I am in the car just about to go under the interstate overpass.

About a quarter of a mile down the road this is what I see....the Swisher farm and the pumpkins. It is only a hop and a skip from our school.

Shortly after the bell rang on Tuesday,  I asked my principal if I could run down down there for just a few minutes to take some photos of all the pumpkins, and he was kind enough to let me do it.  He knows what a nut I am about taking pictures of rural landscapes. 

They were quite the sight to behold. The closer I got to the piles the bigger they seemed to get. They were amazing! If this these photos don’t get you all in the mood for fall and Halloween, I don’t know what will do it.  They certainly did it to me ASAP!!! If you want to see my concept of an Andy Warhol painting of these pumpkins, hop over to my new photography blog  - "Climbing the Digital Mountain One Step at a Time”-  and look at what I created with the help of Adobe Photoshop CS.  I think it’s pretty funky!

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FALL 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Genie

    Love these pictures. I'm heading over to check out your other blog now! Nice to see you enjoying your camera so much.

    ReplyDelete